At Pearl Dental Care, it is important for us to gather all relevant facts about new patients so that we can formulate a complete diagnosis and outline detailed treatment options that are customized to the individual’s wants and needs.
A recare exam (check up) is an exam that is done on established patients to determine any changes in dental and health status since a previous comprehensive or periodic evaluation. The comprehensive exam lays the foundation for the “routine oral exam” (check up).
We want you to find health and confidence in a smile from Dr. Dhillon.
Comprehensive examination includes the following steps:
- Medical history
- Dental history
- Head & neck exam
- TMJ (jaw joint) evaluation
- Oral soft tissue exam
- Oral cancer screening
- Bite analysis
- Orthodontic screening
- Charting existing teeth, restorations & decay
- Periodontal (gum) charting & evaluation
- Digital X-rays
- Digital photographs
- Cosmetic/smile evaluation
- Impressions/molds of the teeth (when indicated) to make stone models for analysis